John C. Evans
John Evans has been practicing law for more than 30 years and dedicates his practice to representing those who have been harmed or defrauded as a result of the actions of another. Most of his practice involves dangerous drugs, personal injury, antitrust litigation and consumer fraud. He has both authored and lectured on each of these topics and many others.
Mr. Evans has earned a Martindale-Hubbell rating of “AV Preeminent,” for legal ability and ethical standards. This is the highest rating offered by the largest and oldest attorney rating service in the United States. He has also been recognized as one of the top lawyers in Pennsylvania by The Legal Network. He is also member and officer of the prestigious Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County which is by invitation only and only after a rigorous application and interview process. In addition to his Juris Doctorate, he is a commissioned officer in the United States Army.
Some of the pharmaceutical cases in which he has held court appointed and other leadership roles include:
- In re: Heparin Products Liability Litigation, (N.D. Ohio), MDL No. 1953 (Nationwide contaminated heparin traced to Chinese supplier);
- In re: Baycol Products Litigation, (Dist. of Minn.), MDL No. 1431 (Manufacturer accused of providing misleading information about the safety of the drug)
- In re: Silicone Breast Implants, (N.D. Ala.), MDL No. 926 (Manufacturers failed to demonstrate implants were safe)
- In re: Gammagard Products Liability Litigation, (C.D. Cal), MDL No. 95-1060. (Some products contained active Hepatitis C virus)
Mr. Evans also played an active role in:
- In re: Flat Glass Anti-Trust Litigation I & II, (W.D. Pa), MDL Nos. 1942 (Illegal price fixing of flat glass products)
- In re: Crash Near Pittsburgh on September 8, 1994, (W.D. Pa.) MDL No. 1040 (Crash of US Air Flight 427)
- In re: Sharon (Mr. Evans tried the first case to conclusion under the U.S. Army’s “don’s ask, don’t tell policy”)
In addition, Mr. Evans has recovered several million and multi-million dollar settlements for his individual clients.
Within his community, Mr. Evans is a founding director of Parents Anonymous, sits as a volunteer on the board of director for several civic and not for profit organizations and has for more than 20 years served as a youth baseball coach, sponsor and organization president.